Would you like to better understand and support your English language learners with disabilities? This course provides an overview of important issues facing education professionals, particularly English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teachers, in supporting English learners (ELs) with disabilities. Topics covered include:
- how disability is viewed across cultures
- asset-based mindsets about diverse learners
- categories of disability and the impact of various disabilities
- strategies and practices for collaboration in both ESOL and EFL settings
- assessment, programming, interventions and services for ELs who have disabilities.