You are cordially invited to the annual International Meeting of Young Linguists. The conference boasts 19 years’ tradition which started in 2000 at the Institute of the Czech Language of the Academy of Sciences, Prague, and has been continued since 2001 at Palacký University in Olomouc.
Language(s) United and Separated
- Can words unite or separate the society?
- How strong are words? How strong are we on using our mother tongue?
- How does a choice of words affect public opinion?
- Are the public speeches products of one speaker only? Who speaks for the famous?
- Is there a boundary between standard and non-standard language?
- Can modern technologies abuse the language?
- How do we use language abroad? What is the language of our body like?